PORON®MICROCELLULAR POLYURETHANES (Copy)
PORON® is a particular type of urethane foam developed by Rogers Corporation. Formulated for exceptionally elastic and highly predictable performance, an open structure provides superior recovery characteristics. PORON® has a pore density of around 240 per linear inch, making it an excellent choice for many gasketing applications.
Good chemical resistance lets it resist cleaning solvents while low outgassing avoids screen fogging and odors. Being a flame retardant material, it’s also good in situations where fire is a possibility, as with electrical systems.
PORON® has a range of properties making it an excellent choice as a gasket material:
KEY FEATURES/ BENEFITS
- Excellent compression set resistance for durable, long-term performance.
- Low-outgassing prevents component fogging, corrosion, and embrittlement.
- Meets several flammability requirements including MVSS 302 and UL HBF.
- Available in many densities, thicknesses, and surface finishes, providing wide design latitude.
- Excellent performance over a broad temperature range (-40oC to 90oC).
- Good chemical resistance.
- Quality manufacturing provides consistent easy-to-process roll goods.
PORON® foam is useful in many industries and in a variety of ways.
- Enclosure Doors
- Access Panels
- Doors to Appliances
- Wet Benches and Fume Hoods
- Consumer Appliances
- Automotive Interiors
- Impact Resistance